1.1 We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customer data; in this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
1.2 We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You may wish to check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
1.3 Lapa Distribution is the data controller.
2. Collecting personal information
2.1 The General Data Protection Regulation details a number of different reasons a company may collect and process your personal data such as Consent – for example when you opt in to email newsletters. Contract – for example we may require your address to deliver your order. Legitimate Interest – for example we may contact you if we believe you would have a genuine interest in our product or service.
2.2 We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
- information that you provide to us during the use of our website, at our offices or over the telephone (such as name, address, email address, telephone number and bank details);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address);
- information that you provide to us via social media, such as usernames.
- any other information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us directly or send through our website.
3. Using your personal information
3.1 Personal information submitted to us will be used for the purposes specified in this policy.
3.2 We may use your personal information to:
- administer our website and business;
- to process any orders that you make by using our websites, in person at our office or over the telephone.
- to send statements, invoices, payment reminders and other relevant communications to you
- to send you our email newsletter or other marketing communications relating to our business or our related brands and companies which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications – please see section ‘Your Rights’);
- If you submit information for publication on our website such as photographs, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
4. Disclosing personal information
4.1 We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, couriers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
4.2 We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
4.3 We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling;
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
4.4 Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
5. Retaining personal information
5.1 Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall be kept indefinitely for the following provisions
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
5.2 You may request at any time for the amendment or removal of your personal data, please see section ‘Your Rights’.
6. Security of your personal information
6.1 We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
6.2 Personal data you provide to us is held on secured premises at our head office.
6.3 We will store all electronic data you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers. Where data is accessed via mobile (or similar) devices these devices are also password protected.
6.4 You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
7. Your rights
7.1 Current regulations state that you may request at any time
- A copy of the personal data we hold about you free of charge. Such a request will be met within 28 days.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent – for example where you previously requested to receive our e-newsletter but no longer wish to.
- That we no longer hold any personal data about you.
7.2 To Opt Out of email marketing please use the unsubscribe button on any e-newsletter you have received, alternately you may email email@example.com
7.3 To request a copy of your personal information or for any other data request, please contact The Data Protection Officer, Lapa Distribution, Unit 15 Orchard Place Business Centre, Seven Mile Lane, Borough Green, Kent, TN15 8QU, call 01732 884030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
7.4 In order to consider any request we may ask you to the supply evidence of your identity. If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal such as where we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data – for example to complete the fulfilment of an order or to retain a record of a previous order.
8. Third party websites
8.1 Some of our websites may include hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
8.2 We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
9.2 A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
9.3 Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
9.4 Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
9.5 We use persistent and session cookies on our website.
9.9 We sometimes embed content from websites such as YouTube, Facebook and Twitter. Pages with this embedded content may present cookies from these websites. When you use Social Network 'share' buttons on our website, a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through. We do not control these cookies and you can check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
9.11 To find out more about Cookies and to see what Cookies have already been set on your computer, how to manage or delete them. Please visit All About Cookies.